We're raising money for the
Cascadilla Boat Club Youth Program
fundraiser led by
Joe Ellis, Row for Humanity Coordinator
CBC provides opportunities for teenagers and adults in the greater Ithaca community to learn, practice, and compete in the magnificent sport of rowing. Our scholastic teams and adult master rowers compete at the highest levels in regattas all over the northeastern US and Canada. We offer generous scholarships so that any interested teen can participate regardless of means, and our no-cut policy is central to our mission of inclusion and teamwork. We are funded entirely from donations and by our members, with no financial support from any school districts or other public agencies.
What I'm Raising Money For
Cascadilla Boat Club is holding its annual Row For Humanity on Sunday, June 4th. Rowers will take shifts on rowing machines (ergs), with each varsity athlete rowing as many meters as he or she can in one hour. First-year rowers will row for 30 minutes. We're raising money to fund scholarships for our middle- and high-school-age programs, and to purchase new sweep and sculling shells and related equipment. Our rowers will also be pulling for another great cause: Habitat for Humanity.
Why You Should Give
Your donation helps two excellent causes:
90% of each donation goes toward the scholarships and equipment that support our thriving and important youth rowing program. The remaining 10% helps Habitat for Humanity to build homes and hope for people in Tompkins and Cortland counties. We are a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, so your donation is tax deductible.