PIGGYBACKR ONE MILLION LEADERS CHALLENGE
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By entering this Challenge, participants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at Sponsor’s discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Challenge are final and binding in all respects.
1. SPONSOR. MyPiggybacker, Inc. (dba Piggybackr), 1 Scott St., Suite 6, San Francisco, CA 94117 (“the Sponsor”).
2. CHALLENGE PERIOD. The Challenge begins November 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM (PT) and ends January 3, 2013 at 11:59 PM (PT), when all fundraising projects must be “launched” (“Challenge Period”). The definition of “launched” means that the participant must create a new fundraiser on Piggybackr, submit it for approval, and upon approval, have clicked “launch,” therefore making it live during this time period. Fundraisers eligibility is based on when the "team leader" launches the fundraiser, NOT when a "team member" launches their pages. There will be six weekly prizes and one grand prize awarded to participants over the course of the entire Challenge Period, beginning November 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM (ET), and their respective end dates vary (see PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This challenge (the “Challenge”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least 13 years old as of the date of entry, OR if the participant is under 13 years old, the participant must receive consent to use Piggybackr and participate in the Challenge from a parent or legal guardian. Consent will be acquired through Piggybackr in the form of a signed permission slip. Parent has the right to opt their child out of any challenges during this process.
Participants may create fundraisers as individuals or as teams (more than 1 person). However, if a team wins a prize, the team leader will be declared the official winner of the prize but can share winnings with the team based on his or her own discretion.
Officers, directors, advisors, and employees of the Sponsor, the judging panel, individuals part of the actual prize, any other party associated with the development or administration of this Challenge, and the immediate family (i.e. parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals are not eligible to enter the Challenge. This does not include official partners of the challenge and their networks. This Challenge is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
All participant’s projects must also have been approved by Sponsor before being able to launch. Projects that appear to be created by false identifies, list vague or misleading information, or knowingly provide false information will not be approved. participants whose projects are deemed by Sponsor to fall under previous categories may be given a chance to clarify any information and provide proof. However, Sponsor reserves the right and sole discretion to deem any projects invalid.
4. HOW TO ENTER. Visit https://www.piggybackr.com and launch a fundraiser (“Entry”) during the Challenge Period. In order to launch a fundraiser, participant must sign up for an account on https://www.piggybackr.com . This includes submitting information including the participant’s full name, birthday, and email address. It also includes launching a fundraiser which requires participant to enter information about their project, payment methods, and telephone number. For participants, under 13, no personal information will be collected until Sponsor has received parental consent for their participation as outlined in section 3. For more details, visit the challenge page: www.piggybackr.com/challenge.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS. There will be one (1) grand prize winner, and six (6) weekly prize winners.
The grand prize winner will receive the title of The Piggybackr Leader(s) of the Year Award. The Leader(s) of the Year will serve as a role model to other young people and receive funding, recognition, and support to help amplify their ideas.
The grand prize includes: (i) feature on Piggybackr's homepage (includes a professional photo shoot) (ii) Invitation to join Piggybackr's Youth Advisory Board (iii) Invitation to "A Day in the Silicon Valley" including lunch at Piggybackr HQ in San Francisco and meet & greets with top Silicon Valley mentors. Winner is responsible for all expenses associated with travel to and from Silicon Valley including, but not limited to transportation, meals, and accommodations. (iv) Year-round mentorship opportunities (v) $500.00 grant to further fundraiser.
The weekly prizes are as follows:
a) Valid for all entries submitted by November 17, 2013 and live within a 300 mile radius of Minneapolis: Two (2) tickets to Selena Gomez’ Stars Dance Tour Concert plus Meet & Greet with Selena Gomez on November 21, 2013 at Target Center in Minneapolis, MN. Winner is responsible for all expenses associated with travel to and from the concert, including, but not limited to transportation, accommodations, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging, telephone calls, gratuities, and incidentals. The tickets can be delivered by either mail via USPS to the address provided by Winner, OR electronically as a PDF to the e-mail address provided by the Winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,000;
b) Valid for all entries submitted by November 24, 2013: One (1) Professional Photo Shoot provided by SmartShoot. A Promotion code will be provided electronically to the e-mail address provided by the Winner. ARV: $199;
c) Valid for all entries submitted by December 1, 2013: One (1) NFL Football signed by Adrian Peterson, NFL MVP and running back for the Minnesota Vikings. The football will be packaged and delivered via USPS to the address provided by Winner. ARV: $300;
d) Valid for entries submitted by December 8, 2013, excluding any individual(s) under high school age: One on One coaching with Michele Markey, VP of Kauffman Foundation FASTRAC. The exact date of the chat will be coordinated among the Winner, Kauffman Foundation, and the Sponsor. There is no ARV associated with this prize;
e) Valid for all entries submitted by December 15, 2013: A tour of a major foundation based in the Pacific Northwest and/or a virtual coaching session with a philanthropy executive . Winner is responsible for all expenses associated with travel to and from the foundation, including but not limited to transportation, accommodations, meals, in-room or other personal charges at lodging, telephone calls, gratuities, and incidentals. The exact date of the tour will be coordinated among the Winner, foundation executive, and the Sponsor. There is no ARV associated with this prize;
f) Valid for all entries submitted by December 22, 2013: A video chat with “Shark Tank” Investor Kevin Harrington. The exact date of the chat will be coordinated among the Winner, Kevin Harrington, and the Sponsor. There is no ARV associated with this prize.
6. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
7. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All entries for the grand prize will be judged during the week of January 13, 2014 (the “Judging Date”) by a panel of judges pre-selected by the Sponsor. The judges will score entries based on the following criteria: quality of project, passion & initiative, community support, scale of impact, and leadership potential. The entry with the highest overall score will be declared the potential winner (in the event of a tie, the potential winner will be chosen at the Sponsor’s discretion). Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Challenge or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If the winner is under 13 years old, the Sponsor will notify the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Challenge, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Challenge.
The team leader of the fundraiser will be notified of prize winnings. Prizes will be awarded and delivered, and notification will go to the leader of each team fundraising. If the winner is under the age of 13, their parent will be notified of the prize. Only one prize is distributed to the team. Piggybackr is not responsible for determining who on the team gets a prize. It is up to each team to decide who will receive the prize.
All entries for the weekly challenges will be judged on or about the end date of each weekly challenge by the Sponsor, as defined in the PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS which may include age or geographic requirements. The Sponsor will score entries based on the following criteria: prize eligibility requirement, quality of project, passion & initiative, community support, scale of impact, and leadership potential. The entry with the highest overall score will be declared the potential winner (in the event of a tie, the potential winner will be chosen at the Sponsor’s discretion). Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Challenge or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. If the winner is under 13 years old, the Sponsor will notify the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Challenge, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at Sponsor’s discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the Challenge.
8. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
9. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the participant, but entry into this Challenge constitutes participant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission, and the participant’s name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
10. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the Challenge, each participant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Challenge, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Challenge, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) entry into the Challenge constitutes the consent of each participant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, contact information and his/her Submission for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Challenge and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity/copyright release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any potential winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of the Sponsor from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within five (5) days from the date that Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner. Sponsor may conduct a background check to confirm any potential winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if Sponsor Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a potential winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any Sponsor Entity, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, the potential winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
11. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Sponsor not responsible for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Challenge. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of Sponsor. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Challenge if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Challenge, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Challenge based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Challenge is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) SPONSOR ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CHALLENGE OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN participant TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent Sponsor’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by Sponsor are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
12. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Challenge is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Challenge will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in San Francisco, California. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the State of California and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the State of California. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Challenge and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.